Our Family Support Program provides assistance, education, and referral services to our guests. The program helps families adjust to their child’s illness by offering services that enrich parenting and coping skills. Support services are offered through daily visits with families at the hospital by the Family Support Services Manager and volunteers, informal support groups, relaxation and stress management sessions, recreational activities for siblings, pet therapy, and Bingo. Educational resources include one-on-one training, parenting workshops, and question and answer sessions with doctors. We also have a Family Resource Library with books, videos, a computer, and educational materials.
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Family Support Services Program. We are always in need of items to provide our families, many of whom end up here unexpectedly, as well as items for our in-house programming: BINGO, hospital visits, end of therapy parties, sibling and family member birthdays, and holidays. Please find a list of our most needed items below. Thank you.
Family Support Services Wish-list:
- Preemie and newborn diapers, onesies and outfits
- Baby/toddler small toys and rattles
- Princess tiaras and wands for young girls
- Soduku and word search books
- Craft project kits (individual or large)
- Pretty Journals for moms and dads
- Teen & Adult BINGO prizes/gifts:
- DVDs, playing cards, sports trivia books, baseball hats, umbrellas, small tool kits or tools, older child craft projects, older child/adult puzzles or travel games
- We do not currently have a need for children’s puzzles or crayons.