Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) has been McDonald’s “charity of choice” for more than 36 years.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, and McDonald’s is one of our corporate donors and partners. Ronald McDonald House is neither owned nor fully funded by McDonald’s. Portions of our annual operating costs are graciously funded by McDonald’s and Owner/Operators of local McDonald’s restaurants. The remainder of our annual operating income comes from the generosity of individual and corporate donors.
McDonald’s involvement extends beyond monetary support:
- Franchises partner with local Chapters for promotional and fundraising events.
- McDonald’s employees are dedicated volunteers.
- Owner/Operators participate on our Board of Directors.
- Donation boxes hosted in restaurants are the largest source of ongoing RMHC Global fundraising.
- McDonald’s conducts an annual fundraiser in November called McHappy Day. Since 2002, it has raised more than $170 million for RMHC and children’s charities around the world.