The Ronald McDonald House of Winston-Salem provides a “home away from home” for families with children receiving treatment in our community’s medical facilities. Located steps away from Brenner Children’s Hospital, right down the road from Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center, and close to other medical facilities, the House allows quick accessibility to a child’s bedside.
- 35 bedrooms with private baths
- Communal kitchen with pantry items, fresh foods, and meals provided through community donations
- Living and play areas including an outdoor playground
- Linens, towels, and toiletries
- Family Support Services program including education, recreation, and referral services
- Resource Library, Computer and Wi-Fi access
- Complimentary laundry rooms
- Secure facility with staff available onsite 24/7
- Knowledgeable, caring staff and volunteers whose main priority is our families
Guest families must live outside of Forsyth county and have a child 21 years old or younger who is receiving medical treatment in our community in order to be eligible to stay.
Exceptions to the eligibility standards apply, contact (336) 723-0228 to determine if you qualify.
During check-in, a member of our House Operations staff guides families through all paperwork, shows them the house, and answers any questions. Please ensure that each adult staying in the House has a photo ID on-hand when checking in.
Check-in times are seven days a week:
Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Sunday: 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
After-hours check-ins are available with advanced approval.
Parking is free, but limited. In order to ensure families have parking we ask that if you are visiting with a large group to carpool.