ATTENTION: Eligibility requirements have changed
ALL guests referred to the Ronald McDonald House:
- MUST be directly involved in the care of the patient
- MUST be an authorized visitor at the hospital OR been granted a Medical Exception to stay at the House – in accordance with hospital policies, we are not allowing siblings or any extended family members.
ALL guests referred must be able to answer “NO” to all of the following wellness check questions:
- Do you currently have an elevated temperature of 99.5° or higher, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or other flu-like symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a medical provider?
- In the past 14 days, have you had close contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a medical provider? Close contact is defined as being within 6 feet for 10 minutes or more OR living in the same household.
- Have you been told by a healthcare provider or public health official that you should self-quarantine due to potential COVID-19 exposure (s) or that you are suspected of having COVID-19?
Guest families must live outside of Forsyth county and have a child 21 years old or younger who is receiving medical treatment in our community in order to be eligible to stay. Exceptions to the eligibility standards apply, contact us to determine if you qualify.
The first time a family stays with us a referral from a professional (doctor, nurse, or social worker) involved in the child’s medical care is required. Once the referral has been made, you will be contacted by a member of our House Operations staff.
For the safety of all House occupants, the Ronald McDonald House of Winston-Salem conducts a criminal background check on all guests 18 years or older. Everyone wanting to stay will be asked to complete a background check authorization form either before or during your check-in. The background check is primarily screening for felony convictions and pending charges for violent crimes. However, we reserve the right to deny access to the House on any grounds. If you refuse to complete the background check, your room request will be denied.
- You are welcome to call the House to speak to a manager about your personal circumstances. Most traffic violations will not be seen as a reason for denial. Denial is not made lightly.
- We do not conduct a credit check or see any credit history information.
- If a family member is denied, that family member is not allowed to stay in the House, but the rest of the family is welcome to stay.
During check-in, a member of our House Operations staff guides families through all paperwork, shows them the house, and answers any questions. Please ensure that each adult staying in the House has a photo ID on-hand when checking in.
Check-in times are seven days a week:
Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Sunday: 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
After-hours check-ins are available with advanced approval.