Ronald McDonald House of Winston-Salem, Inc., is an independent, community supported 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
In 2017, Ronald McDonald House of Winston-Salem provided a “home-away-from-home” for 1,155 families, thanks to the generous support from our donors and volunteers.
While the actual cost of operating each room per night is $70, we ask that families pay just $10 per night of their stay. However, no one is turned away due to inability to pay. Donations from our families constitute only about 1% of the annual operating budget. The majority of funding needed to operate our House is provided by individuals, corporations, foundations, churches, and civic groups.
Funds are raised in a variety of ways, including:
- Sport a Shirt, Share a Night
- Character Breakfast
- Light a Luminary
- Third party fundraisers and events
- Pop Tab program
- In Kind Donations
- Grant Requests
- Home Away From Home Annual Campaign
Public Support and Revenue:
- 39% Individuals
- 14% Sport a Shirt, Share a Night Fundraiser
- 11% Ronald McDonald House Charities of North Carolina
- 9% In-Kind Donations
- 8% Friends of the Ronald McDonald House
- 7% Corporations and Foundations
- 5% Civic/Faith Groups
- 5% Dickie Britt Memorial Classic Golf Tournament
- 1% Third-Party Fundraisers
- 1% Room Fees
An endowment fund has been established with the Winston-Salem Foundation and donations to this fund are welcome.
To request accessible versions of these financial documents, please email email@example.com.